Ingredients Print this recipe
- 2 cups cavatappi pasta noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 pound DI LUSSO® Prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1.5 cup DI LUSSO® Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cup DI LUSSO® Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Boil pasta in salted water until cooked al dente. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, prosciutto and thyme. Sauté until mushrooms are tender and prosciutto is crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
Heat truffle oil and butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir to form paste. Let cook 1-2 minutes, until golden. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Whisk until milk is fully incorporated.
Bring sauce to simmer and cook until thickened, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add provolone and smoked gouda cheese, and crispy prosciutto mixture. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. Pour over noodles, top with Parmesan and serve.