All our meats and cheeses are crafted with integrity. We never cut corners, use only real seasonings and ingredients and always take the time to do things right because it’s the only way we know.
What is gluten?
What is MSG?
MSG (monosodium glutamate) is a white crystalline salt compound used as a flavor enhancer in foods.
Do DI LUSSO® deli meats and cheeses contain gluten or MSG?
No, all of our meats and cheeses are produced free of gluten with no added MSG.
What does Black Angus mean?
USDA Choice Black Angus is the highest quality beef you can find in the deli. Quality, flavor, and tenderness are typical of the beef produced from the Black Angus cattle.
Which DI LUSSO® products are lowest in sodium?
- Swiss Cheese – 55 mg per 1 oz. serving
- Havarti Cheese – 135mg per 1 oz. serving
- London Broil Roast Beef – 190mg per 2 oz. serving
- Choice Roast Beef Med. – 210mg per 2 oz. serving
- Reduced Sodium Ham – 390mg per 2 oz. serving
- Reduced Sodium Turkey – 280mg per 2 oz. serving
How long do sliced deli meats stay fresh in the refrigerator?
For optimal product performance, we recommend eating sliced deli meats within 5-6 days of purchase.
Is it safe to eat deli meats when I’m pregnant?
While pregnant, it is always important to monitor the foods you are ingesting. Although listeriosis (a food-borne illness caused by ingesting the bacterium listeria) is not common, pregnant women are more apt to be affected by it than non-pregnant adults. This can be harmful to both the mother and the baby. In order to ensure the safety of you and your baby, it is recommended that deli meats be heated to a minimum of 160 degrees Fahrenheit before eating while pregnant.
Can I freeze my deli meats?
Although deli meats can be frozen, for optimal performance, we do not recommend it.
What makes DI LUSSO® deli turkey superior to other brands?
- We only use whole breast lobes and product without skin.
- Many of our turkeys are cooked in their natural juices, no water added.
- There are no extenders, fillers, or binders in our turkey, just breast meat.
What makes DI LUSSO® deli ham superior to other brands?
- All of our ham products are made with whole muscles. This means that we do not include fillers in our products, but only use whole pieces.
- Our flavored hams are flavored with natural flavorings, not artificial.
- Products are real wood smoked.
- Each of our hams are carefully selected to be used in our products.
- Products are naturally low in fat.
What makes DI LUSSO® beef superior to other brands?
- We use only USDA Choice Black Angus beef in our products. This is the highest-quality meat you can find in the deli.
- We only use fresh, domestic beef in our products, never frozen raw materials.
How many servings are in a pound of deli meat?
The FDA defines 2 ounces as a serving size in regards to deli meat. That being said, one pound of product would equal 8 servings per pound.
How many servings are in a pound of deli cheese?
The USDA defines 1 ounce as a serving size in regards to deli cheese. That being said, one pound of product would equal 16 servings per pound.