Ingredients Print this recipe
- 2 cups elbow pasta noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 pound DI LUSSO® Hard Salami, diced
- 1.5 cups DI LUSSO® Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups DI LUSSO® Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon thyme
Boil pasta in salted water until cooked al dente. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is boiling, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir to form paste. Let cook 1-2 minutes, until golden. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Whisk until milk is fully incorporated.
Bring sauce to simmer and cook until thickened, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add salami, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and seasoning. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. Pour over noodles and serve.
If desired, make breadcrumb mixture by tossing melted butter, breadcrumbs and thyme. Sprinkle mixture over cheesy noodles and broil in oven for 6-8 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.