Ingredients Print this recipe
- 1 pound DI LUSSO® applewood smoked chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3 bundles tapioca noodles (about 3 ounce/85g) (rice of mung bean noodles)
- Boiling water
- 1 cup cilantro leaves & stems, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 handful snow peas, trimmed & julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Extra cilantro & mint leaves, to serve
- Chopped red chilies, to serve
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons grated palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 to 3 small red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
To make dressing: Place all ingredients in a jar with a screw-top lid. Shake well to combine. The dressing can be made several hours ahead of time.
Combine chicken, hoisin sauce, pepper and five-spice powder in a re-sealable bag or a small bowl; stir to coat.
Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover them completely. Leave them to stand for 20 minutes or until they’ve softened. Drain noodles into a sieve and rinse under cold water, ensuring noodles don’t stick together; drain. Place in a medium bowl. Add chopped herbs and 3 tablespoons of dressing; toss to coat.
Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and hoisin sauce. Stir‐fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot & sticky.
Combine noodles, chicken, snow peas, bell pepper and onion in a medium bowl. Spoon onto serving plates or a platter. Drizzle with remaining dressing; serve immediately.