Ingredients Print this recipe
- 1 small bag, arugula leaves
- 1 long baguette, cut into 4
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups beer
- 1/2 lb. DI LUSSO® Swiss cheese
- 1 lb. DI LUSSO® pastrami
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup brown sugar
- DI LUSSO™ sundried tomato aioli
- salt and a generous pinch of pepper
To make the beer onions: Saute about 3 large sliced onions until softened. Add 2 cups of beer, salt and a generous pinch of pepper. Cook, uncovered until almost all the beer has evaporated. Stir in about 1/4 to 1/3 cup brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, the mixture needs to be thick.
Take a long baguette & split long way in half but not all the way through, spread top & bottom with DI LUSSO™ sundried tomato aioli. Add sliced DI LUSSO® Swiss cheese, folds of DI LUSSO® sliced pastrami, the beer onions and small arugula leaves. Cut baguette into approx 4-inch lengths. Or, cut baguette first and assemble each sandwich individually.