Ingredients Print this recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ pound DI LUSSO® Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese, sliced ¼ inch thick (at the deli counter) and shredded
- ¼ pound DI LUSSO® Habañero Jack Cheese, sliced ¼ inch thick (at the deli counter) and shredded
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced into small pieces
- 1-2 pickled jalapeños, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch cilantro, for garnish
Chipotle Mustard Spread
- ¼ cup DI LUSSO® Chipotle Mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Preheat waffle iron.
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper until blended. Add cheese, roasted red peppers and jalapeños. Mix to coat.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil. Add cumin and garlic powder. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Whisk just until combined.
Grease hot waffle iron. Pour about ½ cup of batter into the waffle iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
In small bowl, combine mustard and sour cream. Spread on waffles. Garnish with fresh cilantro.