Halloween is the perfect time to throw a party for kids and adults of all ages. And who doesn’t love themselves a little cheese and cracker spider or candy corn quesadilla?
Fun to make and even more fun to eat, we’ve got a line up of frighteningly festive finger foods to add a little spooky to your Halloween party fare.
Mummy recommends a little pizza sauce for dipping too.
Hmmm… so far we’re three for three on snacks with eyes. Spooky coincidence?
Pepperoni Sandwich Serpent How-To:
1. Start by thawing out a 16 ounce loaf of frozen bread dough and form into a serpent-like “S” shape. Let rise and bake according to directions. Pssst! We won’t tell if you want to cheat with a heat-and-eat baguette, though your serpent will lose a little of it’s slither.
2. Hollow out the center about 1-inch deep and leave a couple inches on each end.
3. Begin filling the sandwich with a layer of pizza sauce and DI LUSSO® Pepperoni slices.
5. Repeat layers until nearly filled.
6. Sprinkle the top with red, green and yellow sweet bell pepper strips and chopped mushrooms and onion.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350F or until heated through and cheese is melted.
8. Add a roasted red pepper strip for the tongue and a pair of pimento-stuffed green eyes.
Don’t be scared to tap into your inner goblin and get creative with delicious and fun toppings. Green peppers, chunky salsa, maybe some black olive eyes.